History of Warwick Hall
The original Warwick Hall was occupied by the Warwick family until Ann Warwick died unmarried in 1774. The Warwick family were catholic and attended to by Benedictine priests who lived in the hall. The original hall was substantially rebuilt in 1828.
After the original hall was destroyed by fire in 1936 a new hall was constructed in the neo-Georgian style by John Laing & Son. The rebuilding was commissioned by Colonel Guy Elwes and the hall remained in the Elwes family until Mrs Aileen Elwes (daughter of Charles Liddell) died in 1996.
An American from Worcester, Mass Vall Marriner bought Warwick Hall in 1998 with her second husband, Nick, an English accountant and enthusiastic fisherman and hunter.
One of the main attractions of the 260-acre estate is pheasant shooting and also includes two miles of private trout and salmon fishing, as well as open fields and private woodland.
It started off with 14 bedrooms and not enough bathrooms. It now has nine bedrooms and nine bathrooms.
Built on the foundations of an 18th-century home that burned in 1936, Warwick Hall is made of stone, in neo-Georgian style with period touches.The previous owners had a sumptuous Roman Catholic chapel with gold railings, red silk-draped walls and lace on the windows.
The previous owner lived at Warwick Hall until her death at the age of 102